Skip to main content

Erasmus Mundus Scholarship

Hey, serious time is coming!

By any mean, I really want to motivate myself to go on the path to self-improvement, so I decided to make this blog to write down everything I am required to do to carry out my elaborated plans. And my biggest motivation now is, a ticket to Europe, a chance to study abroad for free and an opportunity to find my identity. 



Why is Erasmus Mundus?

While growing up, I have always been obsessed with the name Erasmus Mundus, even though I have plenty of options for scholarship, but I don't know why I couldn't leave that name out of my head or I couldn't stand to be tied down in one place after graduating from university. I always feel eager inside thinking that I must be granted that scholarship someday. I have been waiting to this day to be able to collect myself together, my courage and my accomplishments as a student to move closer to this intellectual dream.   

Which programmes am I aiming at ?

Scrolling an array of programmes in EMJMD catalogue, it took me quite awhile to actually spot the most suitable programmes for my educational background which are PANGEA and MaRIHE. I'm not going to give too much detail about these two programmes since the consortiums have already provided explicit information related to each programme on their particular websites that everyone can have a look later at EMJMD Catalogue.

Why do I select PANGEA?

The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Pangea is a master programme in 2 years aimed at offering a unique, dedicated training and experience in fundamental and applied paleontology, including geoconservation and geoheritage.

PANGEA is the closest programme to my educational background. I am essentially a geotechnical engineer graduated as valedictorian and I had worked in a laboratory for two years and a half, which is  rather acceptable to set off. Paleontology lies on the border between biology and geology, so obviously I'm holding 50% of the chance on this path. 

And why is MaRIHE?

MaRIHE is a programme aimed at development and management of research and innovation in higher education. It doesn't require a bachelor degree in some specific fields, exactly an open door for me that I should seize the door knob to not to let it close. 

What have I gotten to this day?

Generally, my profile is not an outstanding one and I really need to head to the right direction to turn over a new leaf. I can list some of my accomplishments below: 

  • GPA:  3.41
  • Ranking: #1
  • Work experience: 2.5 years
  • Languages: English, Chinese, Japanese
  • Paper: None

What are troubling me?

Of course, I need a job! 
Hmm, and a research paper too!
Allow me to sigh here. Haizzz.


Obtaining a worthy job is not easy at all, I'm looking for a voluntary job but it seems to hide from me somewhere and requires a lot of effort in the quest for employments. My second concern is writing a research paper to be fully qualified for the application. Regarding this matter, I need to utterly concentrate on the plan to the highest level of dedication because it's truly something to burn the candle at both ends for. Seriously, I can't dawdle over it any longer. 

My another concern is about IELTS Certificate, I'm not able to acquire it now because I just want to be sure that I will get a high score on the test. 

On the other hand, I still have to look for 2 letters of recommendation which I'm not sure whom I am going to contact. Currently, I have 2 possible options, one is my dean of the former university entitled Associate Professor holding a PhD from a foreign university, and another one is my previous boss. 

There's only one more year for me to apply for this scholarship, one year sounds quite long, yet after what COVID-19 pandemic has impacted on our normal lives over these 2 years, I unavoidably understand that one year or ten years will eventually pass if we don't force our bodies to work to the full potential.

I will continue to update my plans here.

To-do list:

  1. Take IELTS test
  2. Look for a job
  3. Write a research paper
  4. Contact references
  5. Write a letter of motivation


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going crazy

  What is the fucking wrong with you Des? Don't fucking blame people for your mistakes.  If you can not control your fucking stress, don't mistreat other people.  Yeah I understand you are undergoing stress, a severe one. And I keep encouraging you to go somewhere alone for yourself and have a real convo with your fucking self. I did tell you to stop harassing people but you don't listen. Give me a moment please. I need to work with it. I need to solve it. I need to run really. I need to push myself to the limit. There needs to be a way for me to let everything out. I can't stand it. I'm going crazy. I truly don't understand why stress keeps hitting me continually like a sudden never-ending rainfall. I thought it was cyclical but not. Recently it has lasted for nearly a month and it's driving me mad. It has lasted for too fucking long.  And I scarcely control my anger or maintain my composure toward anyone. I can not hold my ego down like I used to be able o

12/8/2023-Mimi’s diary: sao vẫn không làm rõ được mình?

 Mình nói mình muốn tập trung mà, vậy mình tập trung vào cái gì? Tập trung vào cách vận hành và phát triển một tổ chức, đúng không? Nghe này, mình muốn ngành địa chất. Vậy thì mình phải biết là mình cần chuyên môn.  Mình chọn học bổng leadership, ví dụ như chevening Vậy MediaAC cần gì?  Mediaac cần người làm thư viện, bảo tồn cho các tác phẩm nghệ thuật  Mình cần học một ngành giúp mình ứng dụng IT Ngành nào cũng cần ứng dụng IT. Mình muốn làm giáo dục, vậy thì mình cần một công cụ. Công cụ tốt nhất mà mình có là ngành địa chất  Vậy tại sao mình không tập trung vào ngành đó? Ngành: đi làm  Đi học master thì liên quan gì đến việc đi làm? Đi học tiếp thêm kiến thức mới để đóng góp vào sự phát triển của nơi làm việc, mở rộng quan hệ quốc tế, mở rộng thị trường Vậy sao mình vẫn mắc kẹt với marketing? Marketing là tools kiếm tiền, cũng giống ngoại ngữ và tin học vậy. Đừng để nó lấn chiếm mình. Bạn chắc chưa? Bạn cần hiểu 2 vấn đề: đi học và đi làm Khi bạn muốn làm chuyên gia thì bạn biết là