Skip to main content

9/6/2023 - Mimi’s Diary - Today, I chose instant gratification

 Today, I chose instant gratification. Doesn't it sound sinful?


Firstly, I couldn't maintain balance when facing emotions.


Secondly, I wasn't strict with myself.


I couldn't resist temptation, which will be told through a funny and small story.


So, today I wanted to eat Korean beef mixed rice. Since I realized I didn't have much money, I told myself to only spend 60,000 VND on food each day. Today, June 9th, I had already spent 53,000 VND, but I still craved the 67,000 VND beef mixed rice. Today I got my period, after many stressful days and months of waiting, it finally arrived, and I was overjoyed. Since morning, I was hypoglycemic and forgot this and that. So, I made an excuse that if I didn't eat the beef now, I might die tomorrow.


But there will be cases like this:


Firstly, I eat the beef mixed rice (which I did) and fast tomorrow.


Secondly, I walk to the supermarket to buy some morning glory to boil and eat: this will lead to delayed gratification, which I should do. To achieve this, I had to go outside and buy and boil it.


Then today, I realized something. It turned out that the definition of a successful person for me is a monk.


But of course, there will be monks in any environment, even academic ones. Being a monk doesn't mean you can't achieve something; it's just that you're not suitable to achieve it yet. Achieving something doesn't mean you have to compete or use tricks to rise up. So, not achieving something doesn't mean that you are a monk, but rather that you find an excuse to choose instant gratification.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going crazy

  What is the fucking wrong with you Des? Don't fucking blame people for your mistakes.  If you can not control your fucking stress, don't mistreat other people.  Yeah I understand you are undergoing stress, a severe one. And I keep encouraging you to go somewhere alone for yourself and have a real convo with your fucking self. I did tell you to stop harassing people but you don't listen. Give me a moment please. I need to work with it. I need to solve it. I need to run really. I need to push myself to the limit. There needs to be a way for me to let everything out. I can't stand it. I'm going crazy. I truly don't understand why stress keeps hitting me continually like a sudden never-ending rainfall. I thought it was cyclical but not. Recently it has lasted for nearly a month and it's driving me mad. It has lasted for too fucking long.  And I scarcely control my anger or maintain my composure toward anyone. I can not hold my ego down like I used to be able o

12/8/2023-Mimi’s diary: sao vẫn không làm rõ được mình?

 Mình nói mình muốn tập trung mà, vậy mình tập trung vào cái gì? Tập trung vào cách vận hành và phát triển một tổ chức, đúng không? Nghe này, mình muốn ngành địa chất. Vậy thì mình phải biết là mình cần chuyên môn.  Mình chọn học bổng leadership, ví dụ như chevening Vậy MediaAC cần gì?  Mediaac cần người làm thư viện, bảo tồn cho các tác phẩm nghệ thuật  Mình cần học một ngành giúp mình ứng dụng IT Ngành nào cũng cần ứng dụng IT. Mình muốn làm giáo dục, vậy thì mình cần một công cụ. Công cụ tốt nhất mà mình có là ngành địa chất  Vậy tại sao mình không tập trung vào ngành đó? Ngành: đi làm  Đi học master thì liên quan gì đến việc đi làm? Đi học tiếp thêm kiến thức mới để đóng góp vào sự phát triển của nơi làm việc, mở rộng quan hệ quốc tế, mở rộng thị trường Vậy sao mình vẫn mắc kẹt với marketing? Marketing là tools kiếm tiền, cũng giống ngoại ngữ và tin học vậy. Đừng để nó lấn chiếm mình. Bạn chắc chưa? Bạn cần hiểu 2 vấn đề: đi học và đi làm Khi bạn muốn làm chuyên gia thì bạn biết là

Erasmus Mundus Scholarship

Hey, serious time is coming! By any mean, I really want to motivate myself to go on the path to self-improvement, so I decided to make this blog to write down everything I am required to do to carry out my elaborated plans. And my biggest motivation now is, a ticket to Europe, a chance to study abroad for free and an opportunity to find my identity.  Why is Erasmus Mundus? While growing up, I have always been obsessed with the name Erasmus Mundus, even though I have plenty of options for scholarship, but I don't know why I couldn't leave that name out of my head or I couldn't stand to be tied down in one place after graduating from university. I always feel eager inside thinking that I must be granted that scholarship someday. I have been waiting to this day to be able to collect myself together, my courage and my accomplishments as a student to move closer to this intellectual dream.    Which programmes am I aiming at ? Scrolling an array of programmes in EMJMD catalogue,